Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Meet Featured Builder Joe Norkin


"It's truly an honor for me to attend the 2023 David Mann Chopperfest, with the distinction of not only coming in as a featured builder but also a custom builder. Raised in California during the 1960s, I was exposed to iconic motorcycle cultures at an early age, racing dirt bikes and evolving to my love affair with Harley-Davidson,  and the classic custom chopper culture, once I got my driver's license. That said, I never did leave the dirt bike world, as there's no better way to hone your riding skills than to race on dirt motocross tracks against the nation's toughest competitors in the sportsman classes. My passion for this cultural art form has compelled me to build several gorgeous bikes over the years, which I've sold, traded, or ridden until they were morphed into a new build. Unfortunately, some of my bikes were burned and destroyed in the 2018 Camp Fire when I lived in Paradise, CA. 


My entry this year is a '50 Panhead Bobber, a shared vision, fabrication, and collaboration between myself and good friend and colleague Will Freeman of Freeman Choppers. This bike was featured in last year's November issue of Cycle Source Magazine. In addition, this build has been blessed with several accolades and awards at numerous big bike shows across the nation over the past year as well. 

Having the opportunity to present this build at the 2023 David Mann Chopperfest is icing on the cake, and I'm very excited to be a part of it."-Joe Norkin. Be sure to give Joe a follow on Instagram and visit his booth during the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment