Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Art by Lyndell Dean Wolff


"I am a carpenter by trade and a propmaker by profession. I've been a member of IATSE Local 44 for over 25 years and build motion picture sets and rig special effects. I was born and raised in ELA attended Montebello High school and have no formal education other than 1 semester at CSULB. The last time any of my paintings were on public display was in the late 1970's and I was riding a '48 pan straight leg rigid w/10 inch over wide-glide. I started painting again off-n-on about 10 years ago and as of the first of this year, I have been concentrating on early motorcycles painted in acrylic on 16 by 20-inch stretched canvases, I don't see this stopping anytime soon as there are 100's of scooters I want to paint. I also do sculpture work, scale miniatures, and mechanical oddities. Sadly my Panhead is long gone (along with a few brain cells) I ride a 66 Shovel and paint pictures of the bikes I'd like to own." -Lyndell



Check out more of  Lyndell's work on Instagram and be sure to visit the McBride Hall to see his work up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment