Thursday, November 17, 2016

Art by Darren McKeag

Art by Darren McKeag


"Growing up through the late 60's, 70's I would spend time on and around my Dad's motorbikes. Specifically riding on his Panhead tanks and often in the sidecar. Images of David Mann's art was always around, in the magazines, on the walls of Dad's garage or his buddies."


"I grew up around motorbikes and tattoos. As a result of this, after art college I painted motorbikes and then began tattooing. I opened Slingin' Ink Tattoos in 1994 and still own and operate it today. I spend my days tattooing at Ten Six Tattoo in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and my evenings painting motorbikes, fine art painting, pinstriping, sign painting and illustration. Almost all of my art is motorbike and hot rod related."



"I recently married my best friend Missy of two years. It's because of her my art has blossomed and become what it is." -Darren

The spirit of David Mann lives on! Darren McKeag's "Show Off" tribute. 

Be sure and pick up a December copy of Quick Throttle Magazine to read the full story on Darren and how David inspired his art. Follow Darren on InstagramFacebook and check out his website for prints and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment